Sunday 13 September 2015

Food, Food and More Food


You have those people who will attempt to lose that extra Winter blub they put on and try to look beach ready and confident when Summer swings by with a tray of piña coladas. On the other hand, you have someone who decides to spend the majority of their paycheck eating, eating a lot and eating both an almost comical amount of both healthy and artery clogging foods. I would be that of the latter.

Two words. Chocolate Festival. Need I say more? Someone might say that anyone who wakes up at 7am on a Sunday to go eat chocolate is borderline crazy and I am inclined to agree. Though it was crazy and exhausting, it was beyond worth it. Upon arrival you were flooded with the beautiful scent of chocolate and sweets, enough to make your stomach growl and your mouth water. Granted, even though it was a chocolate festival, they had an abundance of savoury deliciousness as well and there was a total of 7 streets that was dedicated to stalls alone.

So. Much. Glorious. Food.



Tents and tents of favourites were lined up next to each other and eager patrons spent 10minutes and sometimes more waiting to get even a small crumb in their mouths. Adriano Zumbo, Black Star Pastry, N2, Vogue Cafe and Messina, just to name a few popular names. Smoothfm, you have really outdone yourself this time by giving everyone both extreme happiness and possibly diabetes, but hey. I'm not one to complain. 

After a day of stuffing my face with chocolate and possibly driving everyone around me insane from my sugar high, what I did next only made sense. Going to stuff my face some more with burgers and fries for dinner at the Burger Project. Obviously, I am a leading example of healthy eating (note the sarcasm). Did I also mention I had a delicious vanilla milkshake with that? No regrets. 

Though my weekday wasn't too memorable, apart from once again stopping to indulge in lemon-meringue pie and coffee, and torturing myself with fake lashes for the first time (someone please teach me how to not stab myself in the eye), my Sunday made up for the lack of activities and laziness that surrounded me. I could care more about how I'm going to look in the Summer, but then again, I could also be eating and actually enjoying myself. Afterall, "anything is good if it's made of chocolate" (Jo Brand).

Food Highlights

Lemon meringue pie and a latte
Once again, I stopped for the lemon meringue pie and latte because together they work superbly well. Rich and creamy coffee with just the right amount of bitterness and a tarty lemon curd to cut through the cream and add a bit of natural, zesty sugar to the bitter coffee.

Sunday:
https://instagram.com/p/7kLBfGsUjh/?taken-by=janes_tales
Afternoon tea at the Chocolate Festival
Vegan Chocolate Popcorn Cake from Black Star Pastry
This smooth yet rich chocolate cake topped with caramelised popcorn and freeze-dried raspberries is probably one of the best vegan cakes I have ever encountered. You could definitely fool me and tell me it wasn't!



https://instagram.com/p/7kP0nvsUq3/?taken-by=janes_tales
Dinner at Burger Project 
Bacon and cheese burger, cheese burger, fries and vanilla milkshake
Though I dislike my minced meat in burgers being cooked to medium and would much prefer my patties well-done, you could taste bacon and cheese in the bacon and cheese burger, which is a huge winner for me. Not too much of a fan of the "special sauce" as I think it was a bit too tomato-y (and I'm a huge fan of tomatoes). The fries were golden and crunch on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside and the milkshake was creamy and a little bit on the sweet side, which helped balance out and slice through the savouriness and heaviness of the burgers.

Selfie of the week


https://instagram.com/p/7U23hKsUn9/?taken-by=janes_tales

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Jane's Tales